What makes a cyber startup successful? From my working with a number of companies, there are four key areas cyber entrepreneurs should consider:
- Are you passionate about the idea?
- How unique is it?
- Can your intellectual properly be protected?
- Do you have genuine expertise in your domain?
- What do people in your community think of you?
- Do you have a strong network and business skills?
- Do you know your client?
- Do you understand their issues?
- Do they trust you to solve them?
- Are you focusing on the right things?
- Are you measuring the right things?
- Are you incorporating client feedback into the development?
The key here, as you can see, is clients. There is really no way around understanding them, pleasing them and focusing on what they want. This feedback will allow you to pivot where required. Above all, stay focused and avoid premature scaling – don’t do too much too soon.